The Garmin Approach G5 golf GPS offers free course map and database updates. The update is easy to do, but it has its own link, software, and process. This how-to shows you exactly where to link, and provides step-by-step Approach G5 CourseView database update instructions.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Connect your Garmin Approach G5 golf GPS with your personal computer via its included USB cable.
- Go to Garmin's Approach CourseView product page.
- Click on "download now" to retrieve the latest CourseView software/course database. Opt to "save" the file on your hard drive to a folder of your choice.
- After the CourseView file has downloaded (this will take a few minutes on a high-speed Internet connection), make sure your Approach G5 is connected to your computer, then opt to "run" the downloaded file.
- The update software will install itself, then will automatically begin to update and transfer all of the latest data to your G5.
- Disconnect your G5 when the update software's dialog box prompts you to do so.
- Your Garmin Approach G5 is now updated to the latest and greatest CourseView database.
- This process is slightly different, and separate from the Garmin WebUpdater process that is used to update the G5's operating system software.
What You Need
- Garmin Approach G5 Golf GPS.
- Included USB cable.
- Personal computer with Internet connection.