Don't Buy a Sky Caddie!!!
- I have owned an SG4 for about 2 years and it has worked quite satisfactorily as far as giving me good readings on the course. The unit itself and the customer service attitude on the part of the company is the big negative. The charging and download connection for the unit is poorly designed and the threads for the thumb screw have stripped out. Now the company wants me to pay $35-100 to have it repaired. I purchased the temporary mount for a golf cart and it has broken three (3) times. Each time I have had to pay to have it fixed with over $120 invested. Now they want me to pay again. I asked about an upgrade program so that I could purchase a newer unit with a better design connector, but no they won't do that because they don't want to anger their retail sellers. Who means more to this company their customers or their retail sales outlets. I guess it is obvious. Then they charge an annual fee for their course downloads. Don't buy Sky Caddie, look at something else.
NO TO GOLF BUDDY
- 90 DAY WARR. SCREEN WENT BLANK IN 96 DAYS. NO RESPONSE TO E-MAIL OR PHONE. CUSTOMER SERVICE NONEXISTENT
- —Guest JOHN L
- I've owned the SG-4 model for three years. Pros: It has worked well and improved my handicap by 10 strokes. I've accidentally dropped it several times from the top of golf carts and it still functions fine. Gives accurate measurements to the pin from any point on the hole and last shot hit. Rechargeable battery lasts for over two rounds and have only replaced it once after playing twice a week. Cons: The $30 annual renewal fee. The satellite signal sometimes is hard to find before play. The charging connection could be better. Overall, It has been a very good addition to my game and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys golf. I originally purchased three different golf GPS units, and this was the best of the lot.
- —Guest Gregg M
- Buttons fell off after one year and locked up. Cost to replace is $85.00. An expensive annual fee!!!!
- —Guest Don Jones
SkyCaddie is Junk
- I bought one when they first came out. It lasted 6 months and the charger connection inside the device broke. They refused to fix it said the problem was me. My club pro got me another new one and surprice the charger connection was changed! It lasted another 8 months and the battery quit. I bought another battery and it lasted 4 months before the unit quit altogether. Their customer service is usless. if you buy another unit you need to resubscribe ( repay) for the new unit. They should be put out of business.
- I have used a Golf Buddy Pro and found that to find a course in aphabetical order is hard to do. Find the state you want and try to find the course is very hard, goes from courses with a A to ones with an E to ones with an M or wherever. No true order. Called the company and that was worthless. I guess all have problems at this time some more than others.
Sonocaddie GPS - XV2
- The Sonocaddie XV2 is a great addition to the game. Fast accurate information in an easy format. Unit give green and hazard distance that are easy to read. No fees and many courses. Excellent customer service on adding a course and repairs. Highly recommended.
- —Guest Team 5
- Got my Golf Logix and low and behold it worked right out of the box. Not sure about complaints I read about customer service, but my 3 emails were answered promptly. When I wanted to download 2 courses that were not yet available, within 1 week they were there to download.This has worked great for me. I would recommend to anyone.
- Very disappointed. Got the first unit replaced when the first had serious accuracy and battery life issues. Second unit continued to have accuracy issues and then it died completely. Looking for better GPS solution.
- —Guest Billaban
IGolf Triton (UGH)
- I have the Igolf Triton, UGH. They don't yet have the course image for any of the courses I play. I signed as a member, $30.00 bucks that could of been used for a 1/2 round of golf. This unit is supposed to give you the full outline of the green just like other brand's expensive units. Until they get my courses up I will have to live with the same yardage files used with the Neo that only give yardages to the front middle & back. I requested a course, only to wait over a week to find out they don't have it. The course is a military golf course in Aberdeen, MD. UGH # 2 The unit is NOT worth the hassle. It is more WORK than what it is worth. Especially when your trying to move on to the next hole while fighting with this thing. Now I understand why they are using the Bushnell name. I did my homework and search the internet for 4 months. Yes, I could of bought the NEO, but I figured the $250. unit was worth the money and SHOULD be a better product. (NOT).
- I just bought the Callaway Upro. I love it so much. Love the pro mode. It is way way easy to use as well. It has already taken a lot of the guesswork from my game. No more looking for yardage markers or just plain guessing. It is a must buy !!!
- —Guest Jason
In my experience avoid Golflogix
- Orderd GPS software for smart phone. It did not work, tech support is non-existent. I wasted $40, please learn from me and avoid this company and their products.
- I had this unit for three months. I initially requested "mapping" of a course I play often. Couldn't download it no matter what I tried. Support told me to delete the data file (while connected to my computer. Next update it locked up and never worked again. Disaster.
- —Guest Leowilliamsburg
Igolf GPS Caddie review
- Beware, used mine for two years, internal battery caused cources downloaded and stored to be dropped. Igolf no longer services that unit. Offered me a 10% discount on a new unit.
- I have an sg2 and its been a disappointment. Their website is aggravating, never sure if it will work or not..they seldom respond when I send a request...the battery is losing its life even though i keep it plugged in all the time when not in use..i plan to replace it with a golf buddy who don't charge an annual fee. I would not recommend skycaddie to anyone.