Instead of painstakingly piecing together mapsets for use on America's two most prominent trails, the Pacific Crest Trail and the Appalachian Trail, hikers may now buy the complete mapsets conveniently by download, or on an SD card.
Garmin goes beyond simply stitching together all of the detailed, 1:24,000 scale USGS maps needed for these trails. These $49.99 maps include fully routable trails, from beginning to end, as well as nearby roads. Maps include national, state and local parks, forests, recreational and wildlife area boundaries. Also included are water features, searchable points of interest (campgrounds, etc.), 3D terrain shading and much more.
- Provides highly detailed digital topographic maps for the Pacific Crest Trail, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps.
- Contains a fully routable trail from beginning to end, plus basic road coverage available as a reference.
- Includes national, state and local parks, forests, recreational and wildlife area boundaries. Contains detailed hydrographic features, including coastlines, lake and river shorelines, wetlands and perennial and seasonal streams.
- Includes searchable points of interest, such as geographic place names, campgrounds, scenic lookouts and picnic sites, businesses and more.
- Displays 3D terrain shading and digital elevation model (DEM) shaded relief on compatible devices to help estimate terrain difficulty.
- Features Bureau of Land Management township, range and section information and USGS quad locations.
Coverage: Includes coverage for the Pacific Crest Trail or Appalachian Trail, plus 10 miles (16 km) of extended coverage on each side of the trail.